You probably don’t give too much thought to the inner workings of a refrigerator before it shuts down, or before it is time to buy a new one. To guarantee you get the most use possible from this kitchen appliance it can be very good to understand exactly how a refrigerator keeps food cool—and Apex Joliet Appliance Repair is here to help.
Read below to learn all you need to understand concerning how a refrigerator runs, how it cools your food and drinks and if it is the time to reach out to refrigerator repair Joliet.
Parts of a Refrigerator
You will not find many houses that do not have a refrigerator inside the kitchen. It’s been a standard household appliance for many years. A refrigerator stores your food at the best temperature, to stop spoiling and slow down the growth of harmful bacteria. The concept of refrigeration starts by moving the warmth from the inside of the appliance to the exterior, using principles of evaporation and condensation.
The primary components of your refrigerator are below. For questions or service call Apex Joliet Appliance Repair:
A compressor is both a pump and motor, and it’s necessary for the circulation of refrigerant in the system.
The compressor is an integral part of a refrigerator. Homeowners should enlist a professional company if the compressor is no longer working.
The refrigerator condenser is located on the back outside wall of the refrigerator and will help to emit the warmth absorbed within the refrigerator out into the surrounding air.
A refrigerator evaporator is attached in the inside of the refrigerator where absorbs heat trapped inside of it, thereby reducing the temperature inside the refrigerator.
The moment the evaporator is not working, it’s time to call a professional. Don’t wait too long.
Liquid refrigerant is directed through a capillary tube which acts as an expansion device as it cools the gas, transforming it back into a liquid.
A thermostat will regulate the temperature inside a refrigerator, engaging the cooling period when required.
The thermostat inside of a refrigerator is very prone to issues. Troubleshoot and hire a technician in Joliet for service right when a problem occurs.
How Does Refrigeration Work?
1. The moment the temperature in the interior of the refrigerator goes higher than the set point sensors signal the compressor to begin, and the cool down starts. The refrigerator attracts the cool liquid refrigerant, condenses and pressurizes the refrigerant, and increases the temperature, so it can turn into a gas.
2. The compressor unit guides the hot gas in the direction of the condenser coils located on the outside of the unit, at which point it comes in contact with warmer air temperature in the room and returns back to a liquid form.
3. The cooled refrigerant continues on its trip to the evaporator component, making its way through the coils on the interior of the refrigerator and freezer compartment.
4. The coolant then absorbs the heated air from the interior of the refrigerator, thereby cooling the temperature until it has reached the best set point.
5. The refrigerant then evaporates, and will return back to a gas, and then returns to the refrigerator compressor unit in order to continue the cycle.
Refrigeration is often found in several applications and large appliances, including heat pumps, air conditioners, refrigerators and residential freezers. By contracting heat from one area and then distributing it to a different one the continuous cycle of refrigeration contributes in cooling a home, creates a perfect space for food that is perishable, and helps with manufacturing and storage of several different common products and goods.
Need Refrigerator Repair?
Think your refrigerator require service? You can schedule service with Apex Joliet Appliance Repair.
Apex Joliet Appliance Repair can service nearly all common models of refrigerators – including restaurant models, side-by-side and stand-alone.Our licensed appliance repairmen in Joliet complete training to repair and troubleshoot problems with cooling, malfunctioning ice makers, condensation problems, water puddles and leaks, lighting, digital controls, smart technology and countless other malfunctions. We know all about refrigerator repair! Call today!
OTHER REFRIGERATOR RESOURCES:
Copyright © 2019 | SITEMAP